Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Raining on my Parade


By some miracle yesterday, I got 10,000 – make that 12,000 – steps on my FitBit. That doesn't happen every day. I know, I know. I said I bought it so I would be motivated to get 10,000 a day. But just because it tells time, doesn't mean it gives me any.

The reason I reached the goal Monday was because of weather. It was sunny and warm (by March in Wisconsin standards) so I got out for a walk break at work. Wasn't a long one, but long enough to feel the fresh air and even work up a sweat. When I was at kickboxing after work, I felt my wrist vibrate. That's the FitBit telling me I reached my 10k goal. It happens so rarely, it always surprises me!

I felt so accomplished when I was able to tack on another 2,000 steps before bedtime, that I made sure to wear walking shoes to work today so I could do it again.

Don't ask me why I stopped checking the forecast, but I was dismayed when the rain started and just kept going and going and going. Looking at the radar as of 7:30 p.m., I think it's going be Energizer Bunny-ing it all night.

The good news is that we are only getting rain down here in the south. Up North, in my growing-up home, they are possibly getting 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow to Thursday. For real. I saw it on Facebook so it has to be true. Apparently, in central Wisconsin we could get a trace to 2 inches of the white stuff.

Sigh... Another day of walking the boring halls at work. At least I have great company with my co-worker walking buddies who are equally crabby that our parade is forced indoors.

We'll have to FIT in a lot more steps when the nice part of spring returns. At some point I'll get my money's worth out of this expensive watch!




No comments: