Thursday, March 10, 2016

Fraction Action


You know what makes me hungry? Math. More specifically, fractions.

Today about a dozen of us from work got to go on a little field trip to the Catholic grade school about 5 minutes from our office. It was a chance to see our company's math and reading software in action.

And, since the school is part of the Assumption school system, it was a chance to see a few kids (and teachers) I know.

Great to see our products in action. Great to not have to do math anymore, as well! A whole lotta fraction lessons today. Uff da. I forgot about the headaches of mixed numbers. I also forgot that staring at fraction "pie charts" long enough makes you hungry for pie or pizza or doughnuts.

So I was game for going out for pizza tonight! Jim and I went to The Ridges, where Carter washes dishes. He had the night off but it was sort of "opening night" for the golf season so we figured we should attend the eating part since we worked through the golf hours today. I opted for chicken strips but Jim had one-half, or 4/8, of his pizza and took the rest home.

I guess you could say we were tailgating since it is State Hoops Eve, after all! I hope the next fraction I see is a whole number in the shape of the Gold Ball on Saturday. I'll let you know how tomorrow shakes out. I guess we have a 50-50 chance of winning since the teams in round one of the state tourney are so evenly matched.

That's 50/100. I better stop eating pieces of the "pie" so we have better odds!


No comments: