Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter :: The Southern Swing

here



What happens when peanut butter meets chocolate is always magical. Especially at Easter when it forms the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!

The Easter Bunny made his southern swing today, dropping off a basket for Carter and not requiring anyone to find anything out in the rain like we had to Up North yesterday. Instead, Carter just had to sit there on the couch while Mom hand-delivered his basket. Apparently the thrill of the hunt is lost on teenage boys.

While he did not allow photos either, I at least could snap one of him digging through his favorite treats, which ranged from Beef Jerky and Arctic Grape gum to Pop Tarts and Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Oh, and with some traditional Easter treats thrown in the mix – jelly beans and yes, Peanut Butter Eggs.

Even kitty rolled her eyes when I claimed I did NOT eat half the Peanut Butter Eggs before putting the rest in Carter's basket. She looks like she's saying, "And Robyn thinks we actually believe her??"

OK, yes, I had a few. Gotta stop cheating on my Weight Watcher points NOW, though.

After late church, I managed to squeeze in a very short walk before we had to leave for Jim's sister's house for the Austin Easter celebration. We had Jim's parents, his sister and her family, plus us, Carter and Casey there. Great meal. Yummy carrot cake for dessert.

And I am stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Wrong holiday but the only appropriate visual that comes to mind. I'll be seriously crashing from my sugar high tomorrow, making Monday feel like Monday at work. Uff da.

Should I bring some backup eggs to get me through the day? If I knew where to find some, that is... Don't roll your eyes at me!



No comments: