Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Broke

Some people are on Spring Break this week in warm places – and some of us are stuck where spring is broken. Yes, this is a new forecast for 8-12 inches of snow in the HEART of Wisconsin.

I hope the weather guys are proven wrong Wednesday night and we hear rain rather than snowblowers in our neighborhood. Of course, any type of precipitation could bring all those flooding concerns back. Yikes. Realistically, I expect this will be revised quite a bit in 48 hours.

But I've been wrong before.

Just figures that yesterday the calendar said Spring. Today it says Baseball Practice. And Wednesday and Thursday it may say Snow. That's Wisconsin in a nutshell.

At least it was mild enough for us to switch sports seasons today. No, Carter did not play basketball but it was still an active fan and pep band season. No, Carter is not playing baseball this spring, but someone else in the house is on the coaching staff.

Yup! Very proud hubby was selected for the Assumption Baseball coaching staff. He has so much coaching experience and so much love for the game, I know he will be amazing in his role as assistant coach. What a great way, too, to keep our Royal connection after Carter is off to college. Should be a fun season to watch!

Let's hope those snow forecasts are long gone before the first pitch April 4!

Another sign of a broken spring is our winter colds. Both Jim and I have different versions of the fun. He's got a cough and I basically filled up a waste basket with tissues today. I wish my FitBit would keep track of steps when my nose is running. My wrist would be vibrating already with those 10,000 steps!!

Ugh. Let's hope this business is over quickly. It's ruining our Spring Broke.


No comments: