Sunday, February 18, 2018

Grilling and Chilling


Today wasn't exactly a day of rest since I had to do work work, freelance work, and bit of house work. That's why it was an especially welcome treat when my nephew Tony came over for lunch – with bratwursts from Ski's Meats in hand.

Those are the best ever.

Hubby fired up the grill (it was above 30 degrees out) and I had cheesy potatoes going in the crockpot. A little bit of both seasons! Had a super meal but short visit since Tony had to get sleep and errands done before working tonight, Jim had "open hit" for baseball, and I had my deadlines.

I was pretty productive but still have my biggest deadline hanging over my head... Camp Crop-A-Lot is this coming weekend already! Had nothing organized so I at least ordered pictures to be printed. Then I can figure out the details – papers, embellishments, etc – a little bit each evening this week I guess.

I could do more tonight but frankly, I may have to sip on some on cough syrup and go to bed early. Can't quite shake the coughing crud. It's not continuous – I was able to sing in church this morning – but when it comes, it's fierce and hurts.

Think I'll try ice cream first and go from there. What? We grilled today. It's a free pass for summer time activities!

No comments: