Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Olympic Sport of Commuting



Despite another Snow or Ice Day for area schools, some of us still had to get to work. Based on how scary it looked on the TV and on my own deck, I was pretty nervous. And, for the first mile or so, I had reason to be.

Our driveway, subdivision streets and Deer Road were pretty glacial. Kind of felt like I was cruising down the road like a Curling stone – only without the brooms and the Norwegians' fancy pants.

When I got to 80th Street, then my four-lane roads, it was fine. Not clear. Still slippery in many spots. But fine. Glad I didn't wimp out and stay home. I may need a day later this week based on my slow camp prep progress!

After work, I had a dental cleaning in Rapids. Roads felt pretty good by then. Saw some pretty ice-covered branches outside the dental office.


I'm sure there were actually pretty things to photograph but I didn't have the guts to venture any further to see them.

Besides, my curling skills require me to shuffle along. Otherwise, I'll be judged for my Quad Pull and Triple Klutz.

Be careful out there. I don't know if it's over yet!

No comments: