Thursday, February 1, 2018

One Month Closer to Spring

If you thought turning the calendar past January brought us a month closer to spring, you're right.

Technically.

But the forecast, uhm, says no. Hello, February. Hello, cold snap.

On a positive note, it is still light out (kind of) when I get home from work now. So when the sun is shining (read: not snowing), it does feel like the days are longer. Sometimes we just gotta play the mind games and go with it.

What I like about February – besides Valentine's Day and the fact both DQ and King Cone (Plover) are opening – is that I have two, yes two, scrapping weekends. I know. It's hard to contain your excitement.

So tonight, in anticipation of this weekend's scrapbooking getaway at my friend Becky's, I got my scrap together. Knowing it's a short weekend – starting Friday night and ending possibly Saturday night for me anyway – I didn't have as much to prepare as I will for the official Camp Crop-A-Lot coming the end of February. Still, I did have to track down some pictures and get them printed. In fact, hubby is on an errand to Walgreens for me right now so I didn't have to go out in the cold for 13 photos I forgot earlier this week.

And while I might not be moving much this weekend, I really will try to move once in awhile. My own blog inspired me last night and I got my 10,000 steps today! What do you know. There's not an anchor tied to my arse after all.

Maybe the short month ahead will have a few more miracles in store. Temperatures above freezing would be a nice start.


No comments: