Thursday, February 8, 2018

Throw-Up Thursday

Well I spoke too soon about how the anxiety-ridden princess was coping so well this week without her human. In fact, she lived up to both her titles: Princess Poops-a-Lot and Princess Pukes-a-Lot.

Was going down into the basement to feed her before I left for work this morning and sure enough, there were two poop piles. Thanks and good morning.

I didn't let it set the tone for MY day, though. I knew I had an awesome commute coming my way. Finally snagged The Greatest Showman soundtrack at Wal-Mart last night and it did not disappoint. Loved the movie and the songs. Put me in an up-beat mood all day.

How was I to know the Princess was home in an up-chuck mood all day?

After work, I went straight to a middle school basketball game to shoot pictures for the yearbook. From there I stopped at the grocery store quick and ran home to make my easy Hornet's Nest Cake for a work food day tomorrow. The plan was: bake it quick then head back into town for the boys varsity game.

I was just going into Jim's office to check the schedule when I thankfully turned on the lights. Oh, Princess! I think it was just one large puking session the made three piles as she made her way into the room. Since I'd left the spot cleaner and paper towels downstairs this morning, I went down to get them and found 3, yes 3, more poop piles. Good grief!

I was just cleaning those up when hubby walked in the door, home from his trip. Dang, 5 minutes earlier and I wouldn't be playing Cinderella.

She wasted no time jumping in his lap and bonding. She reluctantly let us leave to go to the hoops game. Glad we went. Jake, the eye-injured senior, was back in action and I think made at least 7 3-pointers. The team had 12 of them in our gigantic win over Athens. Clock was running at the end as we were ahead by 40. Yup the boys were throwing up – the ball – and making their shots. It was nice.

It's also nice to come home and have everyone in their places again!

Until we repeat the travel schedule next week.

No comments: