Saturday, February 10, 2018

Singlet Saturday

Singlet: Now there's something I don't need to type again – or see – for a year.

I say that but the reality is I did not go to wrestling regionals today under duress. It was under my own power. My own volunteerism.

It happened that one of our Assumption kids on the combined Nekoosa-Assumption-Port Edwards team was out most of the season on crutches. Now he's back and today was potentially the last opportunity to get any photos of him. It's only fair that the high school yearbook staff has images of all of four of our Royal wrestlers. Right?

So I traveled over to Almond-Bancroft High School – really only like 20-some minutes away – this morning with action to start at 10:30 a.m. It went pretty quickly for having several rounds and I was home by 3 p.m. Two of the Royals are regional champions so it was actually pretty cool to be a part of that. For the record, I am not traveling 2 hours away next week for sectionals. My work here is done.

Didn't do much the rest of the day besides upload photos and catch the Olympics here and there. Opening ceremony in South Korea was yesterday. I don't really care what's live and what isn't. I just like to watch. And not just figure skating, though I love that.

Since was hubby was down in the Dells watching Royals hoops, Sylvester sat down with me to watch some of the luge action. When a German guy was competing, she turns to me and says, "You mean you could have named me Wolfgang?"

I know. Way cool name. But you still look more like the Looney Tune Sylvester, so you're stuck with that. Though, we could add a middle name. The next competitor was Tucker something. Plenty of cool names in the Olympics. I may have to keep a list!

And the announcers have interesting names for the participants, too. A 5-foot-5 racer was considered "diminutive." I'm not even tall enough to be diminutive! Olympic dreams... shattered.

Guess I'll stick to photographing the action.

No comments: