Monday, February 5, 2018

Just Another Mechanic Monday

It's the Monday after the Superbowl. People are either hungover or tired or both. So why does Monday have to out-do itself and become even Monday-er?

After staying up late for an emotional, clear-your-sinuses episode of This Is Us, I was tired today. Woke up to really chilly (not dilly dilly chilly) temperatures. And really really didn't want to go anywhere.


Yup, that says minus 15 degrees. Uff da. Good thing I have an indoor job.

Had a super busy day at work, but that's not just because it's Monday. It cycles into a busy time of year right now. And that's OK. The day flew.

Left 10 minutes early to go the chiropractor. She couldn't figure out all my pains. Have some right shoulder pain that radiates out to my finger tips and she hopes it was something pinched that she un-pinched when she wrenched my neck around. All in a good way. Still there but that was the least of my worries the rest of the evening.

Decided that since I was too late to go to kickboxing class, I'd go to the library and check out an audio book or two for my commute. Found two books, chatted with a friend, went out to the parking lot and my car wouldn't start.

Correct, my wonderful new (to me) car that I love. Just wouldn't start. And because it's a fancy push-button start type vehicle, I couldn't wrap my gearhead around the issue.

Enter the knight in shining armor...

So hubby should have had the night free to pack for a work trip to New Orleans in the morning. But no. The needy wife calls with an S.O.S. and he had to come to town. While he was enroute, I checked over the owner's manual – sitting in my freaking cold car, mind you. Tried a few things and it just wouldn't start.

By the time Jim got there I was suspecting it might be the juice in my key fob. Although the doors locked and unlocked fine. Since a car was facing me and Jim couldn't give my vehicle a jump start, we went to ShopKo to get the correct battery for the fob. Ran back to the library. I had power in the vehicle but not an engine turning over type power. Since a vehicle was still in our way, we ran down to Wal-Mart so Jim could buy a suitcase for the trip. I was really cutting into his time. Went back to the library and I had just tried unsuccessfully – again – to start the car when the one facing me left its parking spot. So I hailed Jim and stood in the spot 'til he could park there. Naturally the car started right away with the jumper cables. Hmmm.

Got home and I backed into my spot in the garage in case I would need a jump tomorrow. And hubby shoveled out Carter's car parked in the yard in case I need to use that tomorrow. Again, totally cutting into his prep time.

Enter the second knight in shining, amped up, armor...

So good neighbor Mike comes over because he happens to have some amp checker thingy that could read the juice in the battery and alternator. According to the doo-hickey, they are fine. So my guess is it was just a combination of cold weather and Monday.

Thank goodness Tuesday is right around the corner.

No comments: