Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Spring Thaw, But Not Really


When I heard rumors through the office that it was "nice out," I figured I better confirm it. Sure enough, temps were inching up to 50 degrees in Stevens Point – and even warmer down South in Wisconsin Rapids.

I ventured outside without a coat. Nothing like a lunchtime walk in the sunshine. Fresh air. Warmth. It does a mind and body good.

Have to admit I needed that boost. Just needed to feel something good and positive and bright this week! Of course, it's not going to stay THAT nice, but it will be above freezing anyway.

This weekend I got to enjoy some of the great outdoors at Camp Crop-A-Lot, too. Since Saturday was mild, my childhood friend and fellow scrapper Julie and I put on our boots and walked on a crunchy icy trail in the woods at camp. It was a bit windy but still not bad.

For our part, we didn't get lost and we got a good 2-3 mile walk in.

We also located Louie the Lion – the bronze Lions Camp mascot – for a quick selfie.

We Luck girls had a good and productive time at camp. The way the cars were iced over on Sunday morning, we thought perhaps we'd be stuck there until spring. But that darn, temporary spring thaw thwarted our plans.

Physically and mentally, it sure felt good to get outside this weekend and today. And guess what – I managed to get 10,000 steps. So that's a bonus.

And I was reminded of God's beauty and his blessings. We could all use that reminder, couldn't we?


No comments: