Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Back in the Saddle

Feeling a little more human each day. Only needed a few doses of caffeine to get through the work day. But will fall asleep in no time tonight!

Had a fun evening shooting some pictures of my friend's daughter competing in gymkhana at the riding club down the road. Still not exactly sure what a gymkhana involves, but I know you ride your horse in circles or around barrels or around poles. And you try to do it fast.

Colleen's daughter Elsa was riding her pretty horse Lena in the younger age group (think grade school). A few of my faves from tonight..






Love both their faces on this one!


It was good to be back in the saddle, so to speak, shooting action photos. I was out of practice! Can still handle selfies, though...

Glad Colleen was in the neighborhood. It's been 8 month since I left my job and I miss her! And a handful of others, of course.

Why the long face? It's my last day in my 40s. How did that sneak up on me?

To make the most of my evening awake, I made a trifle treat for work tomorrow. Coconut Dreams, I call it ...

Chocolate cake, coconut creme pudding, crushed Samoa cookies, whipped cream, crushed coconut wafer cookies, repeat. I love coconut. So yum. Just yum. Good thing calories don't count on my birthday.

And good thing I could stay up 'til after 9 to get things done. Slowly but surely, my body will be back on central time! In the meantime, I'll be feeling my age.


No comments: