Saturday, June 30, 2018

Beat the Heat


I was scolded today for not acting my age. Like I should know better than to go on a 3-mile walk in this heat. But honestly, it didn't seem THAT hot to me. Despite evidence of the buckling Highway 54 (above) and heat index (below).

The "real feel" was 102. Allegedly. It was warm, yes, but didn't feel crazy hot. Maybe I've just been craving it too long!

So I had a ready excuse to stay inside and work on photos and my scrapbook. Well, I didn't get far. I had my Saturday chores to do (3 Saturdays worth) plus a bunch of errands to run. Really only got as far as uploading all the pictures – I think about 5,000, ha.

Then I decided I should take hubby on a date since it's our anniversary tomorrow. Found out our friend Kat's band was playing in Fremont, about an hour away, at a riverside bar and restaurant. Sounded like some fun in the sun to me! Drum beat the heat.

We were shielded by an umbrella and there was a steady breeze so we were not hot at all. Eventually it got cloudy with threatening rain clouds and more wind... but cooler temperatures. If you're into that sort of thing.

Kat (aka Kathy) is a crazy amazing singer so it was a treat to see and hear her again. She visited with us during her breaks. She and Jim went to school together from grade school on up.

So I like to think Jim is lucky... He grew up with the hot lead singer and he is growing old with hot me. Well, if 95 degrees is hot, that is.

Yup, he's super lucky! We both are.

Had a great time and, since I was the designated driver, I made sure we got to Plover in time before King Cone closed. I'm just a nice date that way.

Hope you found ways to beat the heat today!

No comments: