Saturday, June 9, 2018

Full Filling

Saturday brought just two main events for us to attend. And several minor activities, too, naturally.

While hubby was mowing the front yard first thing, I figured I better get some steps since my average the last three days was a measly 5,000. Not good. So I went on a 4+ mile run. And it was mostly running, I'll have you know. But...

I did learn that even a 4-mile run isn't too tough when you make pit stops at two garage sales, the cemetery to see my Em, and the neighbors to give sweaty hugs to the birthday girl. Yes, my FitBit has turned me into a multi-tasking ninja!

Our actual scheduled events were a graduation party for our neighbor Sophie and then pick up the in-laws and head to Marshfield for the stock car races.

Was pretty exciting. Our nephew Colin had the fastest qualifying time. Then, after a 60-lap feature that had a lot of caution flags and restarts, he managed to work his way up the pack and capture the checkered flag!!

We were just thrilled for him! It's been a while since he won a main feature and this is definitely his first victory in the Tundra Series he's doing. So that was amazing. Just got done sorting through hundreds of photos and it's midnight. Totally worth it to cap off our full and filling and fulfilling Saturday.

Hope you can say the same!



No comments: