Friday, June 1, 2018

June Bugs

I'm sitting in my office, hearing something ping against the window screen. Is it large mosquitoes? Or June bugs?

Now that it's June, it could be either.

And... gross.

Didn't get out for a lunchtime walk today so I still don't know how bad the skeeter population is in Stevens Point. Tonight, after dining out at the Ridges with our neighbors, Cindy and I took a quick walk. For the most part when we were moving, we kept the buzzing and biting at bay. But once we were done and we stopped, I was swarmed. They must like my perfume or hairspray.

Or the fact my blood is made up of ice cream? Hey, it's June Dairy Month. They might be smarter than we think.

So I opted to stay in tonight instead of sitting at a fire. That's sad to let the bugs win. But we've got a bit of a busy weekend coming up so I had to get a few things done. Not to mention starting to at least think about packing for my trip. Now that it's June, I can say "My European vacation is THIS month!!"

Skeeters and June bugs aside, I think it's going to be a great month. Don't you?



No comments: