Thursday, June 28, 2018

Birthday Paddles


As of today, the sun has officially set on my 40s. And I'm OK with that. It didn't seem like an out of the ordinary day to transition into the next decade anyway. Busy day at work – highlighted by a floral delivery (thanks, hubby) – and home at 5 p.m.

Then the fun started. It was time for my birthday paddles.

No, not spankings, thankfully. Kayaking finally. The first time this summer, actually. With sun and warm temps, it was time to return to the waterway.

Not only was it a treat to get out on the river with my sweetie...

...But it was a wonderful treat to be out on the water with my fellow River Babe Cindy again. Don't you love our hats? Awesome birthday gift!


Saw the silhouette of an eagle almost right away. He made me chase him down river before I finally got him where he wasn't in the direct sun.

Still camouflaged by tree leaves, but I got him!

Water was smooth as glass.
 




The guys paddling ahead.

Cindy and Mike.

Staging area for a Hitchcock Birds sequel. Freaky.

Scarce on the lily pad and flower front.

Still could get artsy.

Gliding in the still waters.

Parent and child in the Eagle Cove as I call it. Almost always see them in this little inlet along our paddling route.
 The youngster had his back turned to me, but I got Dad. Or is it Mom? I need to study.


Home stretch.

Jim paddling toward the boat landing, which happens to be right by Carter's Castle (aka the Biron Paper Mill where Carter works). He was inside working hard on his 3-11 shift while we were out playing.

No birthday is complete without King Cone. Seriously, it's not! What a treat!

Thanks for all the well wishes. We'll see if I have a better handle on this half-century business come tomorrow.

No comments: