Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Uff Da, Dat's Some Jet Lag


I forgot I had posted this sign on my desk before I left for vacation. Pretty cool to see all flag logos now for the countries I visited – even if just for a few hours: Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

The easiest part of the day was taking the sign down and turning on my computer. Then the hard part... After concentrating really hard to remember my password, I then spent the day concentrating on staying awake. When I got in at 8 a.m., it felt like 3 p.m., so I knew I was good for about two hours!

Never underestimate the power of jet lag after international travel. I now realize why I've never experienced it before. One, I was never 7 time zones away before. And two, I was never anywhere long enough to have my body get used to that schedule.

I am hoping hitting the hay in short order will help me catch up. Or at least help my body adjust.

Thankfully, I have a ton of work to do at the office to keep me upright this week. Believe me. Every yawn and stretch and mind-numbing moment is worth it!

Can't help smiling about the vacation that exceeded my expectations. And about the amazing people in our group who transitioned from strangers to extended family. I bet we're all watching the clock right now thinking, is 9 p.m. too early for bed?

The answer is no.

No, it's not.

Swede dreams!



No comments: