Sunday, June 10, 2018

Visions of Lutefisk...

Today should have been my most productive day. I blame Mr. Deck Chair.

I did get some things done. Went to church. Then went for a quick 3-mile run. And by "quick" I mean my "Let me just curl my hair quick before we go" or my "I'm gonna run into Wal-Mart quick." That kind of quick.

After that, I got a few projects done that I wanted in other people's hands for review while I'm gone, then commenced to packing. I have the suitcase in my office upon hubby's suggestion I don't cause the kitty undue stress or anxiety. After getting the appropriate number of underwear and sock pairs, I figured the rest is just "extras" and took a break.

In this photo I was multi-tasking. Seriously making lists in my head. Mainly envisioning my closet and what I really, really, really NEED to pack. I concluded: As little as possible.

I checked the forecast and it is going to be like we had today. Temps in the 70s. With no heat wave on the Scandi-hoovian horizon, I figure I can recycle a few of my shirts since they won't be all sweaty. And I if it's cool and I have to wear the same pair of jeans for 10 days, I'll be sure I substitute in my capris, too, on the nicer days.

I'm bringing a jacket and I'm going to have faith that's enough. I'll be rooming with my twin at the hotels so I know we won't be cranking the A/C. Probably have heat on and still wear socks to bed because, well, that is what makes us two peas in a pod!

So despite my visions of sugarplums, lingonberries and lutefisk while hanging out with Mr. Deck Chair, I was pretty productive. All I have left to do is work tomorrow, run a few errands, pack all my "bathrooms stuff," and hit the road Tuesday.

Just two more nights of tossing and turning and worrying about forgetting something. Hey. I've got passport, socks and underwear. It's all good.

No comments: