Monday, June 11, 2018

Much Ado, er, To Do


I had quite the checklist of things to do for my last day (for now) in America.

1. Give them an honest 8 at the office. OK. I tried. Thankfully I had projects to work on. I mean I was super busy and then suddenly it's 1:58 p.m. and my mind left the building. With, of course, another 2 1/2 hours to go. At least I got my work done and made a nice out-of-office sign that I forgot to take a photo of... picture viking ship with flag icons for the 4 countries I'm visiting (Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway). After my boss couldn't put up with me and my obvious over-excitement any longer, he sent me out of there early!

2. Spend more money. Naturally, I had last-minute Mom things to do like pick up Carter's new contacts. There goes my cash. Good thing Sweden is a cash-free country. No, not everything is free. But plastic can buy anything.

3. Legalize my passport. Had to squeeze in a visit with my hair artist so I could look somewhat like my passport photo. Hey, that was taken 5 years ago. I'm sure I as featuring the same magic that day, too. Ha. It's like I'm a spy. What is my real hair color? Torture me. I'll never tell.

4. Cover my bases. In the off chance they won't let me back in the country, I had to make one more trip to...

You guessed it. King Cone. C'mon. Better safe than sorry.

5. Get my steps. OK. I definitely failed on this one. Was too busy doing sitting things to get 10,000 steps today. Or even 5,000. Probably not good when I'll be sitting in the car 3 hours tomorrow. Then another 13 in an airplane. I will have to get up early and walk! I hear sleep deprivation is the best plan anyway so I am so tired I will have to sleep on the plane. But stay awake for the drive to Minnesota first, of course.

6. Finish packing. Since I packed my suitcase (mostly) last night, I just had to work on my carry-on tonight. I still have a few minor things to get in order in the morning – like organizing my purse and cashing in the change in my swear jar – but I'm sitting pretty good for my pre-noon departure from home.

7. Test drive everything. I checked my camera to be sure I have the battery pack, charger, memory cards. Checked my tablet to be sure I can log in to my blog (if I have time for at least a "picture of the day" or something). Have all kinds of chargers. And adapters. Should be good. Unless I'm missing something??

8. Say goodbyes. I'm sure I'll get up before hubby leaves for a golf outing in the morning. (Not even waiting til I leave town to have fun!). Got my hugs from Working Man tonight. He said, "Have fun saying 'Uff Da' in your native land." Ha. Yup. I've pretty much used my quota on this side of the Pond!

OK. Off to bed to dream up more lists. So long. I can't wait to be in touch.

No comments: