Friday, August 10, 2018

A Good Walk, er Ride, Spoiled

The beautiful streaks of sunlight in the morning sky seemed to be carrying a message. Something like: "Today is going to be a gorgeous summer day. Don't waste it on work."

So I didn't.

Not the whole day anyway.

Since it was going to be sunny and warm with temps in the mid-80s, I figured I'd use some of my "floating holiday" hours and take the afternoon off. Hubby said he could be convinced to go golfing. So we did.

I had a birthday gift certificate for The Ridges nearby so we golfed 9 holes there. Yes, we needed a cart since I'm still in da boot another 2 weeks. And despite having a few great rounds of golf with the da boot, that streak came to a screeching halt today.

Jim's been golfing amazing. So glad he had another good round today.

Me, well... I struggled. But I figured an afternoon of three-putts is still better than working, right?

I did get a few things done at home, too, plus mixed up the dough for Monster Cookies so I can bake those at some point this weekend. Might as well have the oven on since the temps will be in the 90s. I know. Poor planning but I feel I should make something for Carter's lunches just once this summer. Plus they freeze well so he can pack them with his must-have college supplies in a few weeks.

We'll see when I get around to that since the weekend is booked. There may be a few opportunities to multi-task. You know how I love that. Maybe I should have left the other tasks out of my head today so I could have concentrated on the task at hand!

Putt... putt... putt...

Live and learn.

No comments: