Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Getting Back in the Game


This former commissioner and general manager is coming out of retirement! I had a 20-year streak going with competing in fantasy football leagues. But a few years ago I decided to overcome my August-January obsession and quit cold turkey.

I could once again leave the house on a Sunday afternoon – free and clear of any breaking news on the ticker at the bottom of the television screen. I imagine there's an app now so I could just take those scoring alerts with me wherever I go.

And I may need that.

Because I am back in the game.

True, I still know nothing about current players and best picks, but I have a week to research (aka look up cheat sheets) before we have our draft for the league at work. Naturally, my first challenge is coming up with the clever name. Got any thoughts?

I've had Momma's Boyz before and I don't know what else. Something reflective of me or my likes and hobbies. Swede Hearts... Skol Men... Princess 3-Putz... I Like Big Putz.. House of Dysfunction... River Rats... Swedish Chefs...

I'll keep thinking. You do that, too. I am hoping a clever name will distract my opponents from judging my performance. Maybe my team just be Physically Unable to Perform??

No comments: