Sunday, August 12, 2018

Slowing Down

It took me awhile, but eventually I slowed down a bit today. I reminded myself Sunday is the day of rest... but I had a few things to get done first.

Today our church had a Worship in the Park service at Robinson Park. It's always a fun service because we have a guest band – today was Dixie music – and of course, food and raffle prizes after! Didn't win anything, but had an excellent lunch. And it was nice to visit with friends, too.

After the picnic, I met up with a friend who wanted a family photo done before her baby boy flies the nest this month! Gotta support my fellow mothers of college kids. It's not an easy transition.

In fact, one of my favorite pics from the photo shoot is them walking up to the next spot for a picture. It's so reflective of the situation. When's the next time they'll all be headed in the same direction with same goal in mind? So much changes when even part of the nest is empty.

Still, got some really nice happy photos, too!

After I got home, I sat around as much as possible. That's not as easy as it sounds. I am an ADD restless sort but I need to rest this toe so it heals! So I watched the PGA Championship while finishing my book club book. I know. It's sad that I must always multi-task. I just don't know that my brain can function in just one gear.

But I found out today, my body can. That recliner is pretty comfortable if you give it a chance!



No comments: