Monday, August 6, 2018

Sunset Cruise


With temps in the 80s and a free night on our hands, the paddling foursome went for a cruise around Big Island in the Wisconsin River.

I did not bring my camera tonight because there was a threat of rain. In fact, it sprinkled for the first 5 minutes. Sprinkled while the sun was shining! Clouds moved on and we had sun the rest of the time. Saw our eagle friends and just waved "hello" instead of stalking them. See, I can enjoy the scenery through my own eyes once in awhile, too.

It was a pretty calm night and once again, we were having fun while the Working Man was at the paper mill. Poor kid. A 3-11 p.m. shift today and then 11 p.m.-7 a.m. shift the rest of the week! He's not exactly enjoying it, but the paychecks have been worthwhile.

As for us, we work hard, too. Mostly with our minds, not our hands, but it can be taxing nonetheless. We're just better at learning to slow down and enjoy the sunset now and then.

Believe me, I'll take mosquitoes over a night shift any day, er night.


No comments: