Sunday, August 5, 2018

Just Playing A Round

Got two-thirds into the summer before we finally had a day we could meet up with our friends Scott and Sandy to play a round of golf. Today's destination between Rapids and Green Bay was Two Oaks Golf Course in Wautoma.

Hubby used to play an annual tournament there years ago. And we golfed together there once, too. But I have no recollection. Obviously, I didn't have a memorable round that day!

We did today. Not my score – though 106 is acceptable for me right now – but spending time with friends on a sunny summer day! How fun.

We lucked out with the weather. Even though it was 86 degrees, there was a pretty steady breeze so it didn't feel crazy hot. We also escaped any rain clouds that seemed like they were going to head our way. Guess they found other people to torture.

I had no birdies or pars today. Poop. I was just glad my left foot wasn't in too much pain for doing 18 holes. Yes, it was uncomfortable after awhile. But not unbearable. I just looked weird with one foot in a golf sandal and the other in da boot. That's OK. No fashion police in sight so it's all good.

Got home about 6 p.m. and had the evening to get some stuff done! Thankfully, my after-hours agenda this week is nothing like last week's jam-packed schedule. Need to rest up after all that fun!

No comments: