Thursday, August 30, 2018

Keeping Step


Pretty sure you've realized I am one of the most impatient people out there. One week out of my boot and I am wondering why I can't be running again already. Well, that's obvious, Robyn. You haven't mastered walking!

This week, I have been doing some walk breaks – like the old days – which equate to about a mile each time. But I haven't gone beyond that and strung two 15-minute breaks together. Until tonight.

When I got home tonight, my friend Cindy and I walked down to the end of Deer Road and back. Two whole miles. Do you realize that's the farthest I've walked since I turned 50? Sad, but true.

That was 4 hours ago and I am feeling no pain. I mean for real. So maybe I can keep easing into this using both feet business. At this pace, I could work in some running by Monday.

Hey, I didn't say which Monday. Patience, Grasshopper. One step at a time.




No comments: