Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Rocking the Boat

It's awesome when there's a nice breeze on a hot, sunny day. But tonight that breeze was making waves on the river. And it was a bit challenging.

Somewhat challenging for paddling. And definitely challenging for photography. Those waves just kept rockin' the boat

We saw two eagles or just the same one in two places. Either way, my steady hand couldn't hold the camera steady when my hold body was moving with the kayak! Couldn't get any super crisp photos tonight.
 
But that didn't stop me from trying!

This guy flew right over head but it was kind of risky to turn my body too far to follow him with my lens. I could have ended up swimming with da fishes.

Later, on the other side of Big Island, I crept right up under this guy. But that wind, though. Just couldn't hold her steady. You can see he even has some ruffled feathers!

Oh well. It was still fun and quite an arm workout tonight. We stopped at Salt & Peper's Drive-In for supper on the way home and now we're tired and full.

Should sleep good tonight after all that fresh air!

No comments: