Saturday, August 4, 2018

Rub-a-Dub Dub

Have ducks in row. Will travel...

I splish-splashed my way over to the Wisconsin-Minnesota border in the rain today to celebrate the upcoming birth of a new great-niece or great-nephew, courtesy of my nephew David and his wife, Sara.

My sister Rayna and I hosted a baby shower for Sara at Rayna's place in Hudson. Since the parents-to-be are not finding out the sex of the baby, we went with a generic rubber ducky theme. And it turned out adorable!

Here's momma-to-be with her little baby belly.

Super adorable (and tasty) cookies courtesy of Zest Bakery in Stevens Point. They did an amazing job!

And little mini-trifle bowls... er, bath tubs! I put graham cracker crust on bottom, then cheesecake pudding (died blue), then some whipped cream. Each duck also had a number on it so you weren't just picking a dessert, you were participating in the Pick A Duck game for prizes!

Those turned out pretty tasty, too. And somehow stayed intact for the 2 1/2-hour drive over! Lucky ducks!

Was nice to see my mom and most of my sisters and some nieces, too. I headed back to Rapids around 4-ish. Jim was at a wedding for his mom's side of the family this afternoon and evening. He got home about 8 and we went together to a wedding reception here in town. His friend from high school was home from Colorado for a nephew's wedding. Great to see Pete and his wife. We're just gonna have to get back out to Golden to visit them again!

Enough travel for one day, though. I'll probably be counting ducks in my sleep...

No comments: