Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Pinky Swear


I went for my second 3-week checkup today at the Bone and Joint Clinic. Or as math geeks would point out, my 6-week followup since there was no healing progress at the 3-week point.

I didn't want to jinx it like last time, assuming it was all healed and have my toe nails painted and a nice sandal ready for my left foot. In fact, when the doctor came in after the X-ray today and said "It's healing nicely," I expected a "But... you still need to wear your boot for 8 months."

You can't imagine my joy and surprise when she announced I could part ways with das boot!

Of course, I still had to wear it back to work without my backup shoe with me. But tomorrow I can wear a matching pair of shoes for the first time since early July! Yipee!

An no, I'm not jumping into heels. The doc said that might take 6 months, seriously. But I don't ever wear heels anyway. Seriously. I do have to be sure I am in comfortable, not-too-snug shoes for awhile as it continues to heal.

I asked about walking and running and all that. And she's like, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You haven't even been walking for six weeks. Don't start running out of the gate!" I know. I have to build back up to walking 10,000 steps a day without pain before I can think about starting my running routine all over – again.

And I still can wear the shoe/boot around the house instead of bare feet so I don't bend it out of proportion. Or god forbid, step in cat poop again.

I swear – no, I pinky swear – that one of us won't survive that again.


No comments: