Thursday, August 23, 2018

Finish Strong to Start Strong


Today was the first day of school for Assumption already. And the first official cross country meet as well!

I'm a weirdo who loved being a cross country mom so much I just keep going to meets even though my runner is way out of high school. That and I shoot pictures of it for the high school and middle school yearbooks. It keeps me on my toes anyway.

The Pittsville meet is always fun because it's the first one and the middle school gets to run, too. For the second year in a row, we have a full team (that's at least 5 members) for the AMS girls. And they are good. They finished first in fact. Yay, team! There are 3 AMS boys running, too. I don't know any of them but hope they stick with it!

Our varsity boys have been to state each year (as a team) since Carter was a sophomore. They are looking good already. They key is finishing the race strong so you can start the season strong. And keep the momentum going all the way to state.

They definitely did that! The first 3 finishers were Royals. And in the end, our boys won the meet! Nice!

Pretty exciting as well is that we have a full varsity girls team for the first time in 6 or 7 years. We basically have Sammy, our returning runner, and 4 new members. It was good to see them get their first race out of the way so they know now what to expect. I hope they all stick with it and eventually enjoy it! I already warned them there is no such thing as glamorous photos in cross country. Ha.

I do like the pictures of a strong finish, though. Love when they give it their all. And you can see that determination on their faces. A few of my favorites today...





Let's keep finishing strong, Royals!



No comments: