Friday, August 31, 2018

Permission to Play Hooky

It felt like I was playing hooky today. Because it was a Friday, before a three-day weekend, AND absolutely gorgeous out!

But for real, I had permission. Even though I didn't really have a good reason. I just figured if we have stuff going on each of the days of the three-day weekend, then I better add a fourth day just to get stuff done.

I did have my chores done – including mopping floors – by noon. Got a 3-mile walk in and really felt as out of shape as a person should after 6 weeks off of any exercise or cardio. It's gonna be quite the journey back.

This afternoon, since I had to be quiet when hubby had a conference call, I bonded with Mr. Deck Chair and finished the sequel to Beartown. Excellent book! Both are!

Meanwhile, Sylvester was not happy to be "locked" out of Daddy's office. She just waited there and meowed in a begging way – "I promise to be quiet" – until he let her in. I'm pretty sure he was closing the door to keep me and my noise out. But I didn't tell her that!

This evening, Jim went up to the Assumption football game in Loyal to help with stats. I did some shopping and then stopped by the Nekoosa game to take some pictures of my friend's son. It got dark quickly (as it does this time of year) so I left by halftime.

Did I really get anything done to justify a day off? Not really. But at least I don't have to squeeze in dusting, vacuuming, or mopping floors when I'd rather have fun this holiday weekend. That'll be worth it.

Mr. Deck Chair agrees.

No comments: