Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Slow Leak


Although I can be accused once in awhile of being the Princess and the Pea (yes, there are two princesses in the house), apparently I’m oblivious to items that are larger and sharper. Like nails.

One of conveniences at my office is that we have an auto shop for non-major work like oil changes and tire rotations. I don't know why I decided today of all days I'd finally call about getting an oil change. But I'm glad I did.

They called me and said they had good news and bad news. I hate that. Because you know something is still gonna cost money. Right?

Bad news: They found a nail in my rear tire causing a slow leak.
Good news: They could fix it.


Don't let anyone tell you size matters. This little guy could have caused a huge, miserable flat-tire experience during this polar vortex we got going in Wisconsin. That would have been awful!

So thank you, eagle-eyed Auto Man. You're my hero.

And now maybe I'll start paying attention to the little things in life that are causing a slow leak – slow leak of my energy, my patience, my time – before they blow up. I guess even small things can bring big lessons.

No comments: