Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Walking in a New Year's Wonderland


The 3-6 inches of snow that fell in central Wisconsin on New Year's Eve was timed perfectly. Everyone likes to start the new year with a clean slate. Fresh layer over everything. No tracks. Endless possibilities to move forward in any direction you choose.

My forward motion involved a walk outside versus the treadmill. About 20 degrees today but not much of a wind and, most importantly, the sun was shining. Our subdivision probably won't get plowed for awhile, so I laced up boots and took a two-mile walk with my face to the sun and my eyes on photo ops, of course.


Mothers of boys will quickly recognize that these branches now look like dinosaur tracks, don't they?

Several area tree lots had colored Christmas trees this year. Our neighborhood farm had a pink one as part of their outdoor display. It's gorgeous with the snow!

2019 is looking pretty in pink, I'd say!

Not a ton of snow, just a enough to give the pine boughs something to do now that Christmas is over.


Hey, it's a snow cone! (See what I did there?)

Yup, you will not escape my attempts at puns and humor in 2019. Sorry about that. It's the only resolution I manage to keep!

Of course I have the usual goals of losing weight and decluttering. Those just keep getting carried over. I can't seem to get rid to get rid of them – the pounds or the clutter! Ha. I do plan to continue blogging, too, if you'll have me. But may take time off to work on my book. It's a new year. A new chapter. Once upon a time might just start in 2019.

Wishing the best for all of you this new year!

No comments: