Monday, January 14, 2019

Trying to Quit Smoking... Commercials

Paranoid that Big Brother is watching you? You should be. You know how you can just be talking about something and suddenly you have Internet ads about that same subject show up in your Facebook feed or email inbox?

It's creepy.

Just this weekend I was talking about my beloved Hallmark Christmas movies. I said one of the nice things about DVR-ing them is that I can fast-forward through commercials. If you think the happy endings to the movie are predictable, so are some of the commercials.

I said to hubby that I am almost caught up and can't wait to go a whole weekend without seeing Actor Ray Liotta and his 2-minutes-long "how I quit smoking" commercials.

Guess what showed up on my Facebook feed tonight?


Can this seriously be happening? Sooooooo weird. Well guess what, Big Brother, I'm still gonna watch my Hallmark movies AND fast-forward through commercials. But if I ever start smoking, then want to quit, I'll know who to call.

Thanks, Ray.

1 comment:

neelaksh said...

I couldn't leave your website the article was so nicely framed,Smoking cigarettes is injurious to our health.For a regular smoker quitting cigarette is a tough task.But if a person switches to electronic cigarettes and juuls,This will surely help him a lot to quit smoking.Now a days people can buy best electronic cigarettes from online stores