Friday, January 4, 2019

The Last Supper ... for Now


Can't really let Mr. World Traveler leave the country without one more fish fry at a Wisconsin supper club!

According to the man, they don't deep fry a lot over there. It's just us and our unhealthy country. So hopefully his fish and french fries hang around in his arteries awhile. Just to make him miss us – or at least the States.

It was ironic that on the way out to eat, I got a calendar reminder on my phone...


Like I would have forgotten! No, I wouldn't have. But I must have plugged it in when I booked the flight a month ago just so I wouldn't plan something else. Right.

So are we all ready for this? Uhm. Not quite.

Carter is a very good and efficient suitcase packer. He made room for plenty of clothes by rolling things up...


And shoving socks and underwear in shoes to use that space. But even though the suitcase wasn't full by volume, it was over-full by weight. So he had to spend last night juggling the weight around in his suitcase and carryon. Finally, it appears to be good to go. Just have to throw a few last-minute (hopefully light) items in and it's go time.

It really isn't that far to go time. In 12 hours we'll be over halfway to the Minneapolis airport. So now it's just hug him when I can, try to relax, check the lists, not stress, somehow sleep, and start the new adventure before sunrise!

Gute Nacht!

No comments: