Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Well it is January


We're in a Deep Freeze Sandwich this week. Super frigid temps Monday and Friday with a few inches of snow layered in on Tuesday to Thursday. It's starting to feel like, well, January. Guess we got off pretty nicely for awhile there.

The cold can be painful but the interim precipitation days are a bigger headache. This morning it was sprinkling on the way to work. But since it was only 16 degrees, the rain immediately iced up my windshield and my wipers couldn't keep up. Had to stop at the gas station and scrape. Then wisely filled up my wiper tank knowing I'd probably be cleaning my way to clear vision on the rest of the drive.

That was unexpected.

What was expected was snowfall in the afternoon, this evening, and tomorrow. The positive for us here in the exact center of the state is that the forecasters got it wrong. Wisconsin Rapids had been sitting on a line between the 2-5 inches and the 3-10 inches bands of predicted snow. By the time I got home from a "slippery but take it slow and you'll be fine" commute, the forecast for our neck of the woods changed to 1-3 inches tonight on top of the inch or so we got.

Not snow-maggedon. Just January.

So since every jumped the gun and canceled school activities, we didn't go to hoops and hubby didn't have to sub for bowling tonight either. I could have hunkered down and watched some Hallmark but I'm in my office, wearing a "warming pillow" on my neck and diffusing some doTERRA Cheer oil. Nice.

And sorting through mail, papers, piles. Uploading and organizing photos. And trying to clean.

Just like the Deep Freeze Sandwich, it's all balance.

No comments: