Thursday, January 3, 2019

If the Office Can't Go to Maui, Maui Comes to the Office


Aloha! The Sentry Tournament of Champions teed off today in Maui. It's kind of big deal for us at work since our company is the title sponsor. And, many of us (especially in Marketing) put in a lot of work to prep for the main event and our side events. Some members of our team are there and for the rest of us, we just brought the island to Stevens Point!

To coincide with the start of the PGA event, we had our own putting contest at work today, plus handed out leis and pina colada cake! I helped with the golf hole – after sinking my own hole in one, of course!

The player has to putt it into the tube and from there it will veer left into the "ocean" or right across the island and into the hole. Or close to it.

You can see the volcanic craters come into play here. Not really. They are one-dimensional!

Just like at the tournament, people can pose in our famous Blue Chairs – used in our print ads and the TV commercials airing during the tournament!

Co-worker Andy and I taking our job seriously.

And we have miniature replicas of the chairs, too! 

I told hubby I was having a busy day at the office. Only I didn't text him this picture.

I sent him this one with our friend Tom instead. Pretty sure Jim understands a little more each day why I love my job! Still... would love to be on the real Maui. But hey, been there, done that. This way I can wear a Hawaiian shirt at work and still see my baby off to the opposite side of the other ocean.

Aloha!

No comments: