Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Hump Day Headlines


OOOOH, THAT SMELL: I got a sneak peek today at what's coming our way. No, not the rainy weekend. Ignore that. I'm talking about lilac season! It's the most wonderfully fragrant time of the year.

In my opinion. And that's all that matters in this blog. Ha.

After a few days of sunlight and warm temps, it's like BAM! here's spring. Caught sight of the first blooms during my lunchtime walk. By Friday for sure, I'll be in heaven.

Of course, I have to "borrow" pieces of heaven. We don't have them in our yard so I borrow from those who have too many that there's no way they can use them all to scent up their homes. Again, in my opinion. No one's yelled at me on my borrowing sprees yet.

Shhh. Don't tell.


GOING BUGGY: Of course, spring also means open windows for kitty to lie in and the occasional winged visitor in the house.


Sylvester is staring down a teeny insect and then attacked it – well, put her paw on it – when it got close.


"Ewww. Bug germs! I have to wash my hands!" What a princess! 

SORRY TO BUG YOU: Since Mr. World Traveler is leaving in two days – to go to Platteville, not out of the country – we finally had a birthday/goodbye dinner with him. Dad and I took him to Anchor Bay. When the waitress carded him, I said, "Oh don't worry. We're celebrating his 21st birthday." Still, it's her job to check if he looks like he's under 30.

Later, after our meal, she brought out a birthday cupcake for him with a little candle.


This is the look I get when he thinks I had something to do with it. Honestly, no. I'm innocent here. She was just an attentive waitress. And even though she saw on his ID that his birthday was May 1st, she wanted him to feel special.

He may not have enjoyed the attention, but the Red Velvet cupcake was gone in record time.

I guess we all have our spring time happy place, don't we? Lilacs, window seats, and PBR with a side of Red Velvet.

Happy Hump Day. Happy spring!

No comments: