Saturday, May 4, 2019

Spring Emerges


Like a butterfly from a cocoon, spring finally emerged today. I mean it really felt like it!

With sunny skies and 70 degrees, it was a hard task not to give in and spend the day with Mr. Deck Chair! But it's already May so I figured I better tend to some work in the yard. Hubby was golfing with son No. 2 over in Iola so I was on my own to stay on task.

My focus today was on my white rock landscaped area out front. It gets so full of leaves and crap in the winter. Once they're wet, they blow anywhere. Then they got covered by ice and snow and more ice and snow. Today I took the leave blower to it, plus pulled some weeds in there that have already bloomed. Between that and raking up what I blew out of there, I had 4 wheelbarrows full! I felt good.

I also got a few bags to Goodwill, aluminum cans to the humane society, and a load of laundry. For my enjoyment, I also got a walk in with my neighbor and went for a bike ride later in the afternoon – just to see if it's true that you never forget how to ride... even if I didn't go at all last summer!

I rode over the cemetery where my girl Emily is buried. Stopped there for a visit. That's where I saw the butterfly (above) hanging. It was in the tree by her grave. It's so pretty. Love it!

Got home and showered for the third time today (lots of sweat and grime), then sat down to watch one of the Marvel movies – Captain America: Winter Soldier. Just have 8 more to go, I think! Not gonna happen soon if the weather stays nice.

And believe me. I'd rather sacrifice a movie than spring!

No comments: