Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Where the Wild Things Aren't


Sunny with lunchtime temps at 69 degrees. That's a sign it's time to hit the trail again. Since we had such a rainy (thus, muddy) spring, I hadn't ventured across the street from work to the Schmeeckle Reserve yet. Today I made it a priority. Steps PLUS the opportunity to maybe see some wildlife.


Got the steps anyway and a few nature shots. Little reflection in this pond which may or may not be a pond normally. We'll see when we string together a few dry days.


Probably because I just finished a book about a "marsh girl," I envision this could the Louisiana Bayou. Minus crocodiles, of course.


The book is "Where the Crawdads Sing" and I think you could picture her living back there. Eerie.

I kind of was on the lookout for snakes. Was a perfect day for them to warm themselves in the sun but a big cloud accompanied me on my walk so this is the only snake I saw...


That rare Sealcoat Rattler. It's dangerous, alright!

Still, it was nice to get some fresh air and get the exercise. Supposed to stay this nice all week. What are YOU doing about it?


No comments: