Friday, November 8, 2019

Birthday Treat

If I had to guess, I'd say going out to eat with his son and daughter (and their spouses) wasn't the real birthday treat for my father-in-law. Probably not the carrot cake either. More like this little cupcake...


Yup, Grandpa Johnny – make that GREAT-grandpa Johnny got to meet and hold little Mya tonight! His first granddaughter! We went back to Sherry's house after our fish fry and our nephew Colin and wife Amy met us there for cake.


She's only 12 days old but she's already changing so much!


Of course, the birthday boy is turning 82 tomorrow and he hasn't changed a bit!

It was nice to get together and visit and, yes, hold the baby. And a girl at that! After 4 grandsons – all adorably cute brown-eyed bandits – I think great-grandpa (and grandma, too) are tickled pink about our new family addition!

I know I am. Even more than carrot cake and ice cream. And that's saying something!

Thanks for treating all of us.

No comments: