Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Snow-vember


If you ask me – and I'm glad you did – the middle of autumn is much too early for commuters to have to pay close attention to weather forecasts.

Of course, that is why many of us got our winter wakeup call enroute to work today. What's a little snow? Well, if you go your normal, perhaps fast speed, a little snow is a big deal.

I was careful per my usual winter standards, driving like a church lady with a full crockpot on the front seat and went slowly. I slowed down even more – it was possible, yes – when I saw numerous cars in the ditches, a few trucks pulled off to the side, and at least one accident.

Hello, winter. You arrived much too early to the party to pass for proper social etiquette.

The only time it looked pretty was when my car was parked safely in the ramp and I could view it from the warm side of the windows.


Ignore my phone reflection in the glass.


Our courtyard in the center of our office building was close to pretty.

I was grateful (#gratitudemonth) that main roads were clear on my commute home. Side roads a bit slick, still, and our road not plowed at all. Tomorrow is the one day this week it could get above freezing so maybe it will melt.

Any more snow days like this and I'm going to pass Go, collect my Pumpkin Spice Latte, and jump right into Christmas decorating. Blame Mother Nature. She started it!

No comments: