Saturday, November 30, 2019

Saturday Paint-By-Number Map


My Saturday by the numbers involved maps of Wisconsin and numbers associated with varying measurements of ice and snow in rainbow colors. Well, no, the snow was still white. Just the maps were colorful.

As much as I love purple, I didn't really want to be in the 6-10 inches band of snow. It changed plenty often though. Basically, I just decided this morning I might as well stay put. Make it a Hallmark Christmas movie day.

Good intentions, but I got busy. Had 1,000 pictures to go through from yesterday's three Cranberry Classic basketball games I went to. Then my Christmas cards arrived. So I addressed (well, adhered labels) to dozens of envelopes while watching one of my DVR'd movies. Somewhere in there Carter and I watched the Badgers-Gophers game.

And I had two rounds of shoveling. Already. First time was midafternoon getting the foundational layer of 2 inches of slush off the driveway. Then,  Carter and I just heave-hoed the wet snow that has accumulated already so Jim could come home to a clean driveway. He's been working the Cranberry Classic all day.

Now it's after 11 and I am in need of a shower after that shoveling. Probably don't need to set an alarm for 8 a.m. church since we are in the red blob for the winter storm to have "significant impact" on travel.

Hope you all are safe and making good choices about life outside your home in this weather!

No comments: