Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I Can Rock ... Myself to Sleep


For some reason we got on the subject today of how we portray our lives on social media versus how we live them for real. Is your life really perfect like you show on Facebook? Or deep down inside your shoe, is your sock slipping off?

I said I think I'm pretty honest. I share the good and fun but also add in the appropriate dose of dysfunction, too.

One of my co-workers said my life looks like a big party in a lot of locations. I'm like, yep, my locations are work, the ball field or bed. Usually. I did let them in on a little secret. If I blog early – like 7 p.m. – that just means I'm going to watch The Voice and be in bed no later than 9 p.m.

Whoo-hoo! Party on!

I do like the concept illustrated above that I can still convince myself I'm a rockstar – even going to bed early... after a crazy Hallmark movie. Whoa girl. Contain yourself. Save some fun for the weekend.

I will point out that November is my most non-partying month – if you're still thinking I'm that wild party girl. Not too many sports or other freelance engagements. Actually more free evenings than not. I am starting to get ready for a scrapbooking weekend coming up in a few weeks so it's good I have time to track down photos and such. I guess that one will count as a "girls weekend," so you can resume your awe and jealousy of my rockstar life.

Hold that thought while I go turn on my electric mattress pad to warm up my bed and get ready for my Epsom salt bath.

No comments: