Friday, November 15, 2019

TGIF Night


Yes, we are home by 10 p.m. on a Friday night, but we are NOT these people! We really had a nice evening out.

Went over to Layla's Pub on the west end of town for some Cajun fish. Glad it was good since it took an hour for a table to open up. That worked out OK. We ran into one of Carter's classmates and his family so got to catch up with them. Then visited with an old softball buddy of Jim's.

After dinner, we headed downtown to B's Tap House to listen to my former co-worker and fellow Polk County resident Cassie in her due called Harps and Heels.



If you wonder why she's the "Heels" part, look no further than those 7-inch beauties she was sporting tonight. Seven-inch heels? Yes, they're a thing.


And no, I reminded hubby, I couldn't walk in them without breaking an ankle or my nose when I fall flat on my face. Oh but that would be awesome to be 5'9" once! Still... not happening.

She and her partner did an amazing job and it was great to see her. I also got to spend some quality time with my friend and former co-worker Nicki. We had a lot of catching up to do! I don't miss my former job but I sure miss some people!

Glad we could go out on a date and unexpectedly share the evening with friends.

Thank goodness it's Friday. And thank God for friends!

No comments: