Thursday, July 30, 2020

Almost My Happy Place


When I got a text from a Brewers fan that the Twins were on some random cable station this evening, I didn't even care that if it wasn't in high-definition (first world problems, I know), I just wanted to see my team!

Found the station and I was in my happy place.  Well almost. Obviously,  I'd rather be at Target Field cheering them on in person. But actually getting to see them was a treat.

Loved the big heads in the stands. I've posed by the Mauer and Molitor ones before – in person. I found the "virtual fans" in the stands a bit disturbing. So strange.  Do they feed in crowd sounds to the stadium or just to the television viewers, I wonder? 2020 just keeps getting weirder!

I also wasn't a fan of the Cleveland strikeout machine. Dang. But Shane Bieber was setting a record for most strikeouts in first two starts. So I guess it wasn't that we were just swinging because stunk. See how quickly I say "we"? It's like I've been watching my boys all season!

Too bad we lost 2-0. But we've still won twice as many games as we lost. Hope I can say that after another 60 games.

It's gonna be strange. But I'll take it while it lasts. Play ball!

#wintwins #twinsterritory

No comments: