Friday, July 3, 2020

Birthday-Versary Palooza Week is Done


Had a hot time wrapping up our birthday-versary palooza week today, celebrating hubby's something-something birthday!


I treated him to golf at Wisconsin River Country Club, which we haven't played in years. It's a pretty course. Not too difficult – except for people like me who can manage to go 18 holes without a single par! Not that I wasn't putting for par on occasion. Just that I wasn't sinking 'em.

Still, we had a good time. A bit sweaty with the 91-degree heat. But we stayed hydrated and took a cart instead of walking, so that helped.

Had time to run home, shower, and change before heading up to Rudolph to listen to music (Southbound was playing and even sang "happy birthday"!) and watch fireworks. There were a lot of people there, but their lawn chairs were grouped in their separate family-friend circles. So we weren't jam-packed on top of each other. And remember this is the tiny village of Rudolph. Even with out-of-towners like us, the post-fireworks traffic jam lasted all of 5-7 minutes.


They did a nice job with their fireworks. It's the only display I know of that's still going on in central Wisconsin for the July 4th weekend. We didn't even know about this one until some friends invited us to meet them there.


Nice way to cap off Jim's birthday and my vacation. I guess the "regular" weekend starts tomorrow so vacay is over. Darn. It was good. Think I can still squeeze in some fun over the next two days. I'm up for the challenge!

Have a safe and happy July 4th!


No comments: