Saturday, July 25, 2020

Juggling a Few Things


Been juggling a busy schedule in the last 24 hours so I skipped on the old blog last night as I was approaching turning into a pumpkin at midnight. And no, the young man on the unicycle wasn't juggling anything, but I do identify with the skill of balancing!

Last evening was the postponed graduation ceremony for the Royals class of 2020. Like everything else this year, it was an unusual event. A socially distanced crowd of graduates and only their parents attended the combined mass and ceremony at one of the churches. Only a handful of faculty and the photographer...


Hey look, that's me! Was just glad they at least held a celebration of some sort for this senior class who got short-changed out of quite a bit this spring!

Today, hubby and I had a full docket. I had a senior photo shoot this morning. You can't top a photo shoot with a unicycle for fun! Pretty cool, actually. Well, the temps were crazy warm and humid (90+), but his made skills on one wheel were crazy cool.

This morning, Jim and I also did a virtual Capital City 5K walk in support of organ donation. We usually do this on the last Saturday of July in Madison to remember Jim's cousin Ben, who died and donated several organs. We missed seeing the cousins but we (and all participants) did it from home and posted photos. Jim and I did our walks separately since he did his before I got home from picture-taking, but we donned out team shirts and shared a picture!


After cold showers, we attended a few graduation parties. All outdoors with "sanitation stations" set up. So we spent the afternoon dropping off cards, visiting, eating excellent cake, and staying hydrated.

It's refreshing to be home in the air-conditioning!! And relax. I can juggle that task.

No comments: