Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Not Getting My Kicks on 66


A week ago, when the temp was 90+ and the humidity was 100+ percent, it seems like a good idea to schedule Book Club in the park. But that was a week ago.

Today, it was actually chilly by summer standards. So 5 of us met at Red Sands Beach picnic shelter, each wearing long pants and sweatshirt or jacket. Mother Nature is off her meds again!

It may surprise you, but I pay little attention to weather in the summer unless I'm planning a photo shoot or golf or kayaking outing. It's not like winter when I need to know if it's going to take longer to get to work in the morning. (I mean usual winters when I haven't had the privilege to work from home.) So I just figured today would be nice. Between rain and cool temps, not so much.

We did have a good discussion about the book Nothing to See Here (very interesting). And it was great to see people (albeit 6 feet away) and catch up.

It's an unfortunate sign of the times is that much or our catching up revolved around the coronavirus. Three of us have someone close to us who tested positive in the past week. Wisconsin is setting daily records of new cases. In Wood County, we're now up to 117 cases, with 8 new ones today (which include a family friend).

It's an unpredictable world, folks. Hug your loved ones (in your household only) every day and tell the others (from a safe distance) that you love them! It'll warm your heart and theirs.

And maybe even the temperature. I'm game to try.

No comments: