Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Circle of Life

Thanks to my subscription to Disney-Plus, I have been reminded again about the circle of life. Thank you, Mufasaa and Simba!

Today I had another reminder. Don't tell hubby, but I met the new neighbor and he's a cutie! Don't you think?


During my lunchtime lap around the 'hood, I stopped to chat with the hard-working farm lady around the corner and met this two-day-old sweetie. New life on the farm is always exciting – at least for us pseudo-city folk. The farmer doesn't "ooh" and "awww" over the new calf like we do. Not in front of us, anyway.

Today, that new life took on a new meaning at the 150-year-old farm. Not long after I left there today, there were ambulances and emergency personnel called there. The farm lady's mother – I'll call her the farm matriarch – had passed away. Her health had been declining recently. Not COVID-19 related at all. She was 93. And I bet she worked harder in her life than a lot of us combined.

She can rest now and she's at peace.

And hopefully the cute new guy flirting with the neighbors will bring some smiles.

No comments: