Friday, July 17, 2020

Girls Weekend

Since hubby's having a guys' weekend at a cabin with some high school classmates, I'm having a girls weekend. With the cat. And well, anyone else who wants to social distance with me.


Started the weekend with my kind of happy hour – golf! Spontaneous plans about 3 p.m. that led to a 5:20 p.m. tee time at Tri-City for my neighbor Marigene and me.


Par dance after success on the second hole – a par 4. Yay!


Second par dance (yes, TWO in nine holes!) came at the par 3 8th hole. Pretty happy about that.


And this is right before our hole in one! Well our attempts. No luck. We both bogeyed the par 3. Still... it's TGIF and we're golfing!!  Plus we rounded out our outing with King Cone. The birthday gift certificates from Jim are the gift that keeps on giving!


After sunset tonight I headed a bit further out in the country to get away from light pollution. Had camera equipment in hopes of seeing the comet  known as C/2020 NEOWISE. This weekend, about an hour after sunset, Comet Neowise will appear near the northwestern horizon. I wanted to take pictures but my camera did not cooperate. Thankfully, some friendly star-gazers at my spot had binoculars and a telescope with them so I got to see it! Very cool! And you can see it with the naked eye after that once you know the basic coordinates. (I probably should use the word "naked" while hubby's out of town.)


Anyway, worth seeing it since it won’t appear again in our solar system for another 6,800 years.

I'm gonna start the slumber party now. Sylvester's way ahead of me! G'nite.

No comments: